Friday, March 25, 2011

DiBruno Bros in Philly


Ever go to DiBruno Bros in downtown Philly? It's at Chestnut and 18th St. They make some pretty amazing food! I discovered this salad last summer and have figured out on my own how to make it. It's actually a small round pasta!

ISRAELI (Pearl) COUSCOUS

1 cup Israeli Couscous
1-1/4 cup water
1 Tbsp Canola Oil
1 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 cup toasted almonds
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 diced red pepper
1/4 cup dried apricots, cut into quarters
basil or cilantro leaves (whichever you prefer)

Saute couscous in oil for a minute or two. Add curry, salt and pepper. Toast for a minute or two. Add water and bring to a boil - reduce heat and simmer 10 min covered.

Add remaining ingredients except for basil (or cilantro) and almonds. Stir those in just before serving. I just throw in a handful of basil or cilantro. I mostly use the basil in the summer when I grow it and cilantro in the winter that I purchase at the store. Give it a try!

About 4 servings. Serve warm, cold or at room temp. Great with grilled chicken or fish.

DELISH!

No comments:

Post a Comment